Sunday, September 12, 2010

Where was I?

Ah yes... Hello again dear friends!

Unfortunately, time has once again slipped past me! Where did the summer go? It seemed like it would last forever. The melodic breeze through the trees, the sunshine on the hot beach sand, calm starry nights... what happened? It was hot (for MN standards) for weeks and weeks. Then we had two days of 'cool', and splat- now it is autumn! The warm clothing has been dug out of it's closet alcoves, and leaves are already beginning to redden on the trees. Ahh, I love this time of year. September is probably my favorite month, filled with newly sharpened pencils and squirrels busily searching for food.

Classes have begun too! I have two of my favorite professors this term- Francine for French and Dave for Accounting. They are ironically both my major advisors too, so that makes it much easier. I'm so relieved that I signed up for 3 classes, instead of my usual 4-5. Int. Accounting is already taking up much of my time, and French Composition will be incredibly challenging. As if writing essays in English wasn't bad enough, I'm going to be spending so much time writing them in French- and in a French mindset instead of just trying to translate. It's going to be good for me though.... (I hope!)
I'm also taking a Philosophy course- which I'm absolutely enamored with at the moment. I adore my Phil professor, and she's a knitter! I don't feel so bad about knitting in class now. The funny part is, I actually know her through a friend on Ravelry... so I'm already "in" with her.

I've already had my mind blown with the questions asked like "Why are you alive?" and "Why is there something, when there could be nothing?" It really gets to the root of my brain, and pulls the theology and religion in right with it. It's going to probably be one of my fav classes, and I've only had 1 session so far!

Oh, and did I mention I'm going to France? I'm having one of those blonde-teenage-girl OMG moments. (But not really. I'm calm, cool, and collected.) It's just so thrilling to think about! I'll be studying in Paris (the city of lights itself), and will be finally living on my own. I feel like my life is revving into gear now. I'll even be able to take classes at the Sorbonne or the Catholic Institute. How amazing is that?

The only problem is that I will have to have one small suitcase for clothing, and one huge suitcase for my yarn! It's already so hard to think about what I want to bring! I mean... it's 6 months of knitting. (That's a lot of knitting for me.)

In the present meantime, I've been back into reading. I'm enjoying my Plato tonight, along with finishing Eclipse. It's always nice to re-read the saga when I'm feeling down. I've finally been able to see how I react though. I'm so used to reading them alone! I've had to control all my sighs, giggles, laughter, and tears since I've had to tow them to campus. I've realized that I go through just about the entire spectrum of my emotions when I read each book.

I've been thinking about getting a Kindle/Nook so that I don't have to spend money on the extra baggage when I bring all my books to France too. We'll see though.

Knitting News:
Well, I overdid it on my HP Double OWL. I planned to do 4 pairs of socks, plus two shawls... in 3 months. Let's hope I can do it!
I'm also working on classes- some fun bunnies, Thermis, nosewarmer, 2 pairs of socks, etc. It's going to be epic if I can finish in time! I only have what... 3 weeks? I should probably get on top of that, huh?

Cheers,
Ness

No comments:

Post a Comment