Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, New Knits!

I hope everyone has had a very good new year so far!

Since I don't have classes until February... January is definitely going to be a big knitting time for me! And that is a good thing too because I joined the "Harry Potter Knit and Crochet House Cup" (HPKCHC) on Ravelry, and boy it is a LOT of work! There are monthly classes (6 total) and there is a nice project for each of them.

Here are my plans on that accord:
Transfiguration: organize queue done
Divination: fingerless mittens (which I've been trying to get started for ages!)
Arithmancy: Vanilla Twist Hat- very cute and I might make miniature for time purposes...
Charms: a very cute knitted cupcake
Potions: knitted Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans
Defense Against the Dark Arts (DADA): hat just for stash busting

Plus-- I am doing the infamous Ishbel shawl for an OWL. The OWLs are an extra special sort of class that push knitters to do a big project that takes longer than a month to do and learn new things! Since this is my first lace project and first shawl... it's definitely going to take me a while!

Not to mention that the Ravelympics are coming up! I have 3 projects for our team that I am for sure doing, which will take the entire 2 week event! Thank goodness I don't have to worry about those until February!

Oh, and did I mention that I'm in 3 other swaps? Yes, I have 10 blanket squares due by Jan 31st, a mini project by Jan 20th, and a scarf by the end of February.

And... my Sunshine Sweater yarn should be here soon and I have to knit that up by March. As well as TWO pairs of socks for our Overdye KAL.

In other words my dear friends... ouch! I have more knitting to do than I did for xmas! Wish me luck! I'd better get started...
Cheers, Ness

No comments:

Post a Comment