Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spin Out

After much anticipation, my Sunshine rovings arrived today (or tonight I should say). I got everything ready, quartered the fiber... several times. I thought I was doing a pretty good job, and it took FOREVER! I literally watched an entire 2 hour movie during the process.

Then I got it onto the drop spindle, and began the twisting process. Major fail. It was way more worsted and uneven than I had expected! Plus, I really cannot get the joining/fusing process at all. This is definitely not my thing. It's way, way, way more hard to learn this than it was to learn to knit!



So yes, we'll see if I go back to it, but I'm thinking no right now. I've been trying to knock out a super secret project for a friend lately, and then after that we can go back to the regular scheduled knitting.

Ugh, I'm exhausted.
Cheers, Ness

No comments:

Post a Comment